- How does get-a-quotation work?
- Request a moving quote for free: Give us your job details and contact information using our main website, our mobile site or the Find a Mover on our mobile app.
- Get up to 4 quotes: We send your job details to the relevant Removal companies in your area. Up to 4 interested Removals Companies will see your contact details and follow-up with you to quote.
- Review ratings: We will send you profile and rating to help you choose the right Mover for your job
- Rate your Company: When the work is complete, leave a rating for your mover on their quality of work, reliability and value for money.
- I've always relied on word of mouth before, why should I use get-a-quotation?
- Our service is better than word of mouth and directories for 5 reasons:
- Work done when you need it: The Company who contact you are genuinely interested in carrying out your job and specialise in that field.
- Quality Service: Our Companies know that in order to get rated well, they must perform well and do good work.
- More certainty: Our companies average 5 ratings each, which means that you don’t have to rely on only one recommendation.
- More security: We check credentials before a company signs up to the service.
- More choice: With over hundreds of companies covering all the 9 provinces in South Africa, we’re sure to have the right company for your job.
- Do you screen a companies which sign up to Get a Quotation?
- All companies who sign up to get –a-quotation are verified, credit reference checked. Any information on their profile should be verified. Note: Get-a-quotation does not accept responsibility for the accuracy of details provided by the companies. We strongly advise that you verify all details and credentials with the company before awarding the work.
- How can you guarantee the quality of company's work?
The companies on get-a-quotation operate as independent companies and are not working on behalf of get a quotation, so we cannot guarantee the quality of their work. We can guarantee that the company go through a screening process and agree to abide by our code of conduct before they become members of our service.
The best way to ensure quality workmanship is to review the ratings left by previous customers on the company's quality of work, reliability and value for money. We've had over 200,000 customer ratings submitted to date to help you make an informed decision.
- Do you blacklist/suspend a company?
- In the unlikely event that a tradesman has acted unscrupulously, we will investigate the situation and suspend their account. We close accounts if the company has:
- received a serious complaint from a customer during their first month with get-a-quotation
- eceived a total of 3 medium to high level complaints from customers
- acted inappropriately (e.g. using unacceptable language, racism, sexism, threats, bullying or abusing the trust of a customer)
- has received serious complaints outside of the get-a-quotation service
- How do I request a quote?
- You can post a job in a variety of ways:
- On the main website: Visit our homepage at www-get-a-quotation.co.com and select the province you are moving from and to and complete the short form to submit your Request
- On our mobile website: When you visit get-a-quotation on a mobile smartphone you will land on our mobile web form. Select the province you are moving from and to and complete the short form to submit your request
- What should I include in my quote request?
- The more information you can provide for our movers, the better. We ask for your province, address, inventory and personal contact details. In your request we give you give additional details such as:
- Names of movers in your area
- Rating from previous users
- Why do you need my name and contact details?
Unlike directories or word-of-mouth where you are subject to the contacting shady movers who never pitch up, Get-A-Quotation will forward your information to approved movers on our database with proven track record.
To keep the market competitive and protect your personal information, a maximum of 4 movers can view your name and contact details. So all you have to do is request a quote and the movers will contact you
- What happens after I request a quote?
After you request a quote, we will forward your request to all approved movers in your area. They will see your contact details and contact you to quote. To keep the market competitive and protect your personal information, only a maximum of 4 Movers can view your name and contact details.
We will send you the movers details and ratings (via SMS and email). If you have not been contacted by at least 1 mover within 24 hours, please contact us on email@example.com
- Will you publish my contact details when I post a job?
No. Your contact details will never be made public on the site. When a mover gets your request, they will then get access to your details so that they may contact you to quote.
Note: To keep the market competitive and protect your personal information, only a maximum of 4 movers can view your name and contact details.
- Should I rate my removal company?
We recommend you to. After the work is completed, we ask that you provide a rating on the quality, value and reliability of your chosen removal company. Your rating and feedback is a valuable tool for other users of the service when evaluating their movers. Also, positive ratings are essential in helping good companies build their business and secure future work.
If you are unsure about leaving a rating for any reason (e.g. you're worried about giving negative feedback), contact us with your feedback and an agent will get back to you with advice.
- How do I leave a rating?
- You will receive an email after your completed move. You will then be asked to give the company a star rating of 1 to 5 (5 being best) on their quality of work, reliability and value for money. We will never publish your full name to protect your indemnity useless you authorize us to do so.
- What do I do if I don't want to leave a public rating?
We highly encourage you to leave a rating. Your rating and feedback is a valuable tool for other users of our service. Also, positive ratings are essential in helping good companies build their business and secure future work.
However, if you are unsure about leaving a rating for any reason (e.g. you're worried about giving negative feedback), please contact us with your feedback. We are keen to hear about your experience and an agent will get back to you with advice and next steps.
- What if I'm not happy with a tradesman's work?
If you're not happy with the quality of a company’s work, you should leave a rating stating why the company didn't live up expectations. Companies which fail to deliver quality work can be permanently suspended from our service.
If the situation is more serious, we encourage you and the company to remedy the situation between yourselves.
- How do I share a company I like with others?
- If you are happy with any of the get-a-quotation partner companies you have used, we encourage you to share their profile and ratings with others. There are standard social sharing buttons on each tradesman’s profile page and you can always view the past tradesmen you have used.
- How do you know that ratings are genuine?
Unlike other recommendation sites, we operate a closed ratings system. Only people who have hired a company via get-a-quotation can submit a rating of that specific company when the job has been finished. They can then come back and amend their rating at any time and the company can comment/respond.
We conduct spot checks on both positive and negative ratings to further ensure that you can confidently hire a reputable company. Additionally, ratings are always screened for offensive language.
- What if a tradesman has no ratings?
Company without ratings have most likely just joined our service. Though they don’t have ratings yet, this doesn’t mean they're not reputable companies. In fact, these companies are incentivised to do a quality job to ensure that they get a brilliant first rating, helping them build their reputation and win future work.
A good, reputable company should have a portfolio of previous work. We recommend you review their profile for this information and ask them for customer references.